I am here to help you simplify your sugar-free lifestyle. Grocery shopping has got to be one of the most difficult and often time-consuming parts of it.
I have created a sugar-free grocery list of all of my favorite products that I use every day to help you save time.
Sugar is in (almost) everything.
You would not believe how many food items contain processed sugar! It is honestly disgusting and no wonder American waistlines and health problems are on the rise (and have been for a while).
The crazy part is, is that most items contain such a small amount that it does not even register (per serving) as even 1g.
So companies can put 0g of sugar (huge eye roll). Why even add it in if it is such a small amount? You must look at the actual ingredients. There you will find if it truly is actually 0g of sugar.
You are probably thinking that since its such a small amount then why even worry about it.
Well, all of that little bit of sugar here and there does add up and whether you realize it or not it is feeding your addiction. So I try to avoid it when I can.
Heightened Sugar Sensitivity.
What is interesting about being sugar-free for almost 6 years now, is that I oftentimes can taste that small amount of sugar.
Sugar has such a strong flavor to me now that I am not constantly ingesting it and I really do not like it.
Yup, you heard that right, “I do not like the taste of processed sugar”!
Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy sweets, but only things sweetened with fruit sugars like my refined sugar-free peanut butter cookies. Now those are delicious, even my non-sugar-free friends ask for these.
What to look for in sugar-free products.
When I choose sugar-free products I look for either something with absolutely no sweetener in it or something with an all-natural sweetener such as fruits, monk fruit, or stevia leaf.
I am not a fan of anything with sugar alcohols. So I steer very clear of those products.
Also, you will start to notice a theme with some of the companies offering more than one sugar-free product.
For instance, True Made and Primal Kitchen both offer multiple and various sugar-free options.
I know all of this can be time-consuming, so I have done the bulk of the work for you.
I have scoured grocery shelves and the ingredient lists and (gladly) taste-tested all of the products listed below.
Now to what you are really here for, the Sugar-Free Grocery List and links to most of the products*.
My sugar-free grocery list.
This list contains the sugar-free alternatives that you would buy of items that normally contain sugar. I did not add the obvious fruits and veggies.
Sugar-Free Condiments and Sauces
- True Made Ketchup
- Salad Dressings:
- BBQ sauce:
- Pizza sauce:
- Publix pizza sauce (and a lot of other store brand pizza sauces don’t contain sugar)
- Rao’s Homemade Pizza sauce
Sugar-Free Flour Mixes
- Pancake mixes:
- Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix–gluten free.
- Kodaik Cakes Carb-conscious Flapjack and Waffle Mix–beware, this is the only Kodaik cake version that contains no added sugar; also not gluten free.
- Pizza dough:
- Chebe Pizza Crust Mix–gluten free.
- Wewalka Bistro Pizza–also the classic and flat bread versions; found in the refrigerated section.
Sugar-Free Nut Butters
- Peanut Butter:
- Adam’s 100% Natural Peanut Butter
- Smuckers All Natural Peanut Butter
- Crazy Richard’s 100% All-Natural Peanut Butter–this one contains no added salt, too. I prefer a little salt in my peanut butter.
- Teddie All-Natural Peanut Butter
- RX Chocolate Peanut Butter–made with dates and I swear it tastes like a peanut butter cup!
- Almond Butter:
Sugar-Free Milk Alternatives
- Almond Milk:
- Simply Almond Unsweetened Vanilla
- Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Silk Almond Milk Unsweet Vanilla
- Coconut Milk
- Silk Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- Banana Milk
- Mooala Plant Based Banana Milk
- Califia Farms Cocunut Almond Milk Blend–sweetened with monk fruit; my favorite of all the milk alternatives.
- Publix Low Sodium and Sugar-Free Bacon
- Applegate No Sugar Uncured Bacon
- Two Good Greek Yogurt–made with stevia leaf; lemon is my favorite.
- Chobani Complete Yogurt–made with monk fruit and stevia leaf; blueberry is my favorite.
Sugar-Free Sanck Bars and Bites
- RX Bars–come in a variety of flavors; peanut butter and cocount are my favorite ones.
- Lara Bars–come in a variety of flavors, though be careful because the ones with chocolate chips still contain processed sugar; my favorites are the cashew cookie and the blueberry bars.
- Figgy Pops–variety of flavors; my favorite is the CH-CH-Cherry.
*These are the products that I have personally bought, tasted, and enjoy.
Going processed sugar-free is not the only way to a healthy lifestyle, but I feel it is a necessary one.
As stated above, I have tasted all of the products above and really do use them in my every day life.
There are many more products that I have tried (and did not really care for) and some that I have yet to try.
This list will be a continuous project for me as I try more sugar-free products, so check back reguraly!