Want to learn how to make tasty cayenne ginger energy balls that is completely sugar-free? You’re in the right place!
Sugar-Free Cayenne Ginger Date Energy Bites
This recipe is a spicy twist on the already delicious Date Energy Bites. Super simple to make, in just 3 easy steps, and easy to take with you on the go.
I like to blend my dates first. Blending your dates first gives you a better chance of fewer date chunks.
It also allows for less oil to be released from the nuts because you end up not having to blend the mixture as much (because you already blended the dates in step 1).
The more you blend nuts, the more oil gets released from them (hello but butter). That is not ideal for this recipe. Instead, you want to blend the nuts as little as possible as to give the energy bites some texture.
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, sugar free
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Food processor
- 1. Blend dates in a food processor till they form a ball (see my recipe notes above for more information on why I blend the dates first by themselves)
- 2. Add in all other ingredients and continue to blend till desired consistency (see how I like mine below)
- 3. Roll into 1 to 1/2 inch balls using your hands
There you have it! Super tasty Cayenne Ginger Energy Date Bites! While you are here, check out our guide to using Dates for tons of energy, snacks on-the-go, and treats! Read up here.
For more about me and my sugar free journey, get to know me here.