Seriously, who doesn’t love peanut butter cookies! My refined sugar free version of the classic peanut butter cookie are made with dates.
These are soft, chewy, and the best part…refined sugar free. You won’t believe how good these are and you won’t even miss the real thing!
How To Make Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup soft Medjool Dates*
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup natural and sugar free peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground sea salt (approximately)
- Food processor
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend the soft dates* in the food processor with the water. Be sure to stop and scrape the sides and bottom down a couple times in between blending.
- Add the egg to the dates and blend till completely incorporated.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar and continue to blend. Do NOT add the sea salt. The mixture should pull away from the wall of the food processor a bit and be a bit tacky to the touch.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll into approximately 1 1/2” balls and place on a lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2”apart.
- Grind the sea salt onto a plate. Approximately 1 tsp worth.
- Press the fork into the sea salt and then into the round cookie twice to make the criss-cross pattern and to flatten the cookie. Tip: re-dip the fork into the sea salt each time before pressing it into the cookie. This helps prevent the cookie from sticking too much to the fork and adds some extra flavor. Repeat on all the cookies.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the left over sea salt over the tops of the flattened cookies if desired.
- Bake in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 15 min.
- Cool before enjoying.